With all that’s been explained, what would Graceling be to me? No doubt my 5 stars would have clued you the obvious. To say Graceling was an enjoyable read is an understatement. To me, this is the book you can never get enough. 471 pages altogether and when it ended, I still wanted more. I was insatiable. Still is, actually. And the fact that I didn't get overwhelmed by the plot, characters and the lingo of the book made it even more an entertaining read.
What I liked about the book
1. It was easy to get into the story and this Grace thing got me hooked.
2. Characters were superb. It almost impossible not to like all of them. And I mean all, even the evil ones. Great characterisation, I would say.
3. Katsa and Po. Katsa's a badass and Po's a charmer. Together, they were hilarious. I nearly died laughing reading their exchange of banters.
4. The story. The plot unfolded rather neatly. Though I wouldn't claim it to be totally unpredictable, it didn't stop me from flipping pages after pages. And the story was set at a nice pace, too. It had been a nice reading experience.
6. Did I mention Katsa was a kickass female lead and I loved everything bout it?
This is easily one of my favourite fantasy reads of the year.