Finding It (Losing It, #3)

Finding It (Losing It, #3) - Cora Carmack The best of Cora Carmack so far! While I tremendously enjoyed the last two books, Finding It did it for me. This is it. This is my bane of existence. Cora Carmack just gave me the most perfect love story to rewrite all the other perfect love stories in history and I might have become a little more than addicted to it. I wish it would have never to end. Why, Carmack, whyyyy? You could at least write it a little longer but no I won't have it because this is so perfect already, sobss. I'm a mess, I know.

You know what else is great? The playlist I listened to while I was reading this book played all the right songs for all the right scenes. As if my playlist was syncing with the book. And no, I didn’t tamper with my playlist, I swear.

“I don’t understand how we can spend every waking moment together, how you can touch me, how we can sleep in the same bed, sleep in each other’s arms, but this? This is somehow not okay? No, I don’t understand that. I don’t understand how you can kiss me the way you kissed me and feel the way I know you feel, and keep pushing me away.”

She keeps her distance
And sits on fences
Puts up resistance
And builds defenses (Jenny, what’s the problem?)
(Jenny, The Click Five)

Remember this song? It's perfect, except this one is for Jackson instead of Kesley.

I turned my head and met Jackson’s eyes. They looked almost blue in the cave, and my heart beat at a frenzied pace. Before I could change my mind, I said, “I’m falling for you.”

So maybe it’s true
That I can’t live without you
And maybe two is better than one
But there’s so much time
To figure out the rest of my life
And you’ve already got me coming undone
And I’m thinking two is better than one
(Two Is Better Than One, Boys Like Girls ft Taylor Swift)

“Because every time, every single time, I would choose our future over my future. Because in my wildest imagination, I couldn’t imagine how the best future without him could even compare to the worst future with him. Because even though the life I’d make here in Madrid filled the empty spaces, I didn’t burn without him.”

Say it’s true
Or everything that matters breaks in two
Say it’s true
I’ll never ask for anyone but you
(Another Heart Calls, All American Rejects)

Now for the other songs I listened to that had made the connection between me and the book electrifying.

I’ve waited all my life
To cross this line
To the only things that’s true
So I will not hide
It’s time to try
Anything to be with you
All my life I’ve waited
This is true
(True, Ryan Cabrera)

This song fits Jackson, don't you think so? Sigh. I put it on repeat, naturally.

This song came up right after Ryan Cabrera’s True.

Can’t put my mind at ease with the words I say
Trying to get myself to get out of my way
Birds in the trees just make me depressed
Seeing sunny skies, feeling emptiness
Layers of lies just seem to fold
This kind of life is all I know
(Believe, Hanson)

I’m sure you all can guess for whom it’s for, right?

But I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain
And it’s 2 am and I’m cursing your name
You’re so in love that you act insane
And that’s the way I loved you
Breaking down and coming undone
It’s a roller coaster kinda rush
And I never knew I could feel that much
And that’s the way I loved you
(The Way I Loved You – Taylor Swift)

Even before the song started, I knew this is Kesley and Jackson’s song. Can it get any more perfect? Siiiiiigh.

I LOVE MY PLAYLIST ALRIGHT.

Mr Jackson Hunt, you’re now on my most wanted list. So, wherever you are, just know that I’ll know and I’ll hunt you down. No mercy.

“Maybe they didn’t choose locks because love is permanent. Maybe they chose locks because emotions bind us into place. They weigh us down. They pull your heart into a thousand different directions until the only option left is for it to break.”