Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1)

Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) - Kristen Ashley I loved Gwen's sassy attitude. I loved Cabe “Hawk” Delgado even more, attitude or not. That's probably it what I liked about Dream Man series. I am not that big of a fan of formulaic story, this is a formulaic story thus you can imagine my displeasure upon discovering that. Why I wasn't able to guess it from the blurb is beyond me. I'm not that familiar with Kristen Ashley's works, so forgive me. The only series of hers I read was the Rock Chick, which I thoroughly enjoyed. But like I said, I tolerate formulaic story with the littlest patience. Bossy alpha male, female lead with attitude who (unfortunately) comes with insecurity issues and to much of our surprise stuck in dire situations; I'm sure I've had enough of that in Rock Chick series.

Despite the whole formulaic story thing, I enjoyed Mystery Man though I most probably won't be following the rest of the series any time soon. Or ever. Maybe as a filler? Yep, I think that probably works. But who knows?