Mockingjay  - Suzanne  Collins 3.5 stars.

If my heart stopped for a sec because the ending of Catching Fire totally caught me by surprise, then Mockingjay did nothing to stabilise my heart rate. On the contrary, I didn’t think my poor, poor heart stood a chance at all. I was in for a treat of an adrenaline rush from the very first page. Because everything that happened if it wasn’t about the plot to throw over the Capitol, it was then about the people: Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Finnick, Boggs and Prim to name a few.

Mockingjay was so packed with action; there was hardly any moment for a breather. I had to put down the book a few times because it was too much for me to handle it. The war. The seemingly never-ending national bloodbath. What the Capitol did to the captured victors, to Peeta especially. And let’s us not forget what all of this were doing to Katniss’ sanity. If it was already too much for us the readers to handle it, imagine Katniss who were caught up in that situation she couldn’t escape, no matter how badly she wanted to. Let’s not get irritated how weak she seemed, how self-destructive she had become because there’s only so much a 17-year old girl could handle. Let’s not forget the fact that she was only a teenager, expected to carry the weight of her people’s hope. What would you do if you were in her place? Would you react any differently?

Well, I didn’t know I was signing in for a rollercoaster ride gone wild. Wild, yes but it was a good ride after all.

So, why did I knock 1.5 stars off when I think Mockingjay was a good read? Action-wise, it was no doubt a great book to read. I'm not so keen about the writing part though, to tell the truth. There were several occasions in the book I think deserve more than just a mere passing commentary. Like the avalanche incident in District 2. Rather than letting the readers to follow along the journey to the execution of the plan to bomb the mountain, Collins wrote a summary about it instead. A damn, freaking summary. I mean, how disappointing is that? They are more examples but I can't recall any right now except for the avalanche. I realize the book is already so thick in number of pages, but write it decently at least. You either do it properly or you don't do it at all. Don't compact everything into a limited number of words. No offence but I swear reading about the avalanche is like reading an essay written by a high school student.

If I have to rate it, Catching Fire is my all time favourite followed by THG and this.

Overall, it was a good read!