The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky I super loved the book, but not so much of the movie.

I finally had the time to finish the book yesterday and right after that I watched the movie just so that I could compare between the two. Like I've mentioned above, I'm not so crazy about the movie. I think it could have been better.

Anyways, the book is definitely something. In the beginning, I didn't particularly liked it because it reminded me so much of Adrian Mole, the book I had to study for my literature subject, which I hated so much. It's just that Charlie was telling his story in the form of letter-writing while Adrian's story was told in a diary format. Thank God the similarity ends there.

I began to like The Perks of Being a Wallflower as the story progressed. Even though they are many heavy issues touched in the story such as abortion, homosexual relationships, free sex and drug abuse, the author's effort to convey the message that you can be a wallflower and still be accepted by the society outshines the negativity of the others. We need more of this kind of story. We need to tell the world that it's okay to be outcasts as long as we don't disown our humanity.

Overall, great story with fabulous message!