The Last Guardian  - Eoin Colfer The 10-year long series has finally ended. The series has friggin' ended! How could that happen? I mean, I've been reading this series practically all my life and now it has friggin' ended. I hate my life.

Ladies and gentlemen, before I go to my proper review(if it's a review at all), allow me to walk you down the memory lane.

I started reading the series when I was 15. Borrowed the book from my friend, and I thought it was a great book. I never encountered a character like Artemis Fowl before. He's a millionaire, a genius and a criminal mastermind at that and he's only twelve years old. Of course I was intrigued. Fowl family has always been filthy rich. However, over the years, their wealth begins to dwindle due to many reasons. This Artemis boy vows to recover his family's wealth, so he plans something so out of the world or in his case buried deep down in the Earth's tummy. His ingenious mind allows him to concoct a plan to kidnap a fairy and in return he demands golds for the exchange of the fairy's life. The story takes off from there.

The X factor The Artemis Fowl series lies within the main character itself: Artemis. His ingenious, diabolical plans bring utter entertainment to the series. By the end of each book in the series, you'll always find yourself surprised because Artemis doesn't settle for just ordinary endings. He will always have the last say. Or the last action.

Anyways, The Last Guardian. Wow. There's no other word for it. Even though I'm a die-hard-fan of the series, I didn't always enjoy the series. There were a few books I thought was blergh. The plots didn't always make sense, on the borderline of nonsensical even. But at the end of the day, I would find myself enjoying them, nonsensical or not. Always. The Last Guardian was a far cry from perfect but it was the most perfect closure I could have ever asked for.

In the Last Guardian, Artemis and the gang face once again with their nemesis, Opal Koboi who plans to take over the world once again. Motivated with vengeance, Opal's plan doesn't know boundaries. She's willing to take the utmost risks, even if it means killing herself in the process. That's how maniacally desperate she is to have the world to come to her bidding. Simply put, it's an Armageddon for both the human and fairy worlds.

It was mostly action-packed but it was also heartbreakingly sweet: between Artemis and his little brothers, between Artemis and Holly and especially between Artemis and Butler. Despite the seriousness of the events unfolded, I still found myself chuckling away at certain moments in the book. It made me feel hopeful, after been shoved one after another of what could have been the bleakest of bleakest days in human and fairies' history. Reading about Artemis was the best. His character had undergone so many changes. From an utterly diabolical teenager, Artemis developed the other side of his he never thought he could have; he became more compassionate. He became more human. It was such a rewarding reading. I loved it to bits.

And the ending. What an ending. One moment it got me screaming like a mad woman and the next, my mouth was clamped shut, anticipating. Artemis my dear Artemis, despite your newly embraced humanity, you'll always be the Artemis I got to know 8 years ago. I shall miss you and your diabolical plans terribly.

What a fantastic reading! What a joy to have discovered the series and ending it on a nice note. Goodbye, my dearest friend. This is not the end.