Where She Went - Gayle Forman This was an intense read. If I thought [b:If I Stay|4374400|If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)|Gayle Forman|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1347462970s/4374400.jpg|4422413] was heartbreaking, that was before I read this book. I am by no way comparing who has had the most heartwrenching tragedy but Adam's pain was so raw, it torn my heart apart. I hated to see how self-destructive Adam had become after Mia had walked out from his life. I expected denial. I expected anger. I mean, it's only normal to experience those kind of emotions after a failed relationship no matter how ridiculous it may be. Even if it's just a high school relationship. What I didn't expect was Adam to become so withdrawn from life, it was slowly doing him in little by little. The smoking habit he took up, his inability to survive day-by-day without his prescriptions and music was no longer the reason for existence; it broke my heart. He was really in love and a part of him disappeared together with Mia. In other words, Adam ceased to exist.

There was this point of the book I was so angry with Mia for allowing Adam to be in the state he was. I thought she was selfish for denying the presence of a boy who had loved her with his life. Especially when the boy had been a significant presence in her life, with the family. But Mia had her reasons. Both needed to deal and somehow managed to inflict pain to one another along the way.

I wish Where She Went was told from both Adam and Mia's perspectives. I think it would have made this an even more interesting read.

I wish Collateral Damage was a real record too. Would love to listen to Adam screaming his misery out. No doubt he would have rocked it.

First you inspect me
Then you dissect me
Then you reject me
I wait for the day
That you'll resurrect me
"Animate"

Even though it was intense, I enjoyed reading Where She Went even though most of time it broke my heart.

Overall, a great read!