The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami, Jay Rubin My first Murakami and I was beyond satisfied. Not sure when was the last time I read a book so fulfilling, so intriguing, it occupied my mind to the brink! It did certainly feel like I hadn't enough room in my brain to store such enormous, bizarre information. Also, I couldn't think of such a better way to exercise your creativity, what your brain allows and does not allow for you to think (you'll know what I mean by this after you've started reading this book).

To be honest, I don't know how to describe this book to you. There aren't enough words to do this book justice. Or rather, I don't trust myself enough to tell you what the fuss is all about. But I can say with utmost certainty that it had been a thrilling journey for me. To be able to indulge in the story completely, you must abandon your definition of what is real and what is not. Free your mind and allow yourself to be brought into a world that is not so different from our world yet so completely different. The story begins with the disappearance of Toru Okada and Kumiko's cat. A seemingly ordinary event at first, but as the story progresses, queer and most definitely weird events start to unfold. Again, read it with an open mind. Don't be too hard on yourself, or else you won't enjoy such a magnificent storytelling.

As you read, there'll be a million of questions popping out in your head. Some are answered, but a lot of questions will be left unanswered. Yes, it could be frustrating but I don't mind it that much. For me, it isn't about finding out the answers to all of those questions, but more of the journey the story provided to me. It was simply brilliant.