Along Came a Spider - James Patterson I absolutely didn't see that coming!

And that's the only good thing I can say about the book, though I didn't particularly hate it. It could have been better. The first half of the book was mind-numbing. The pages passed by in a blur. I almost came to the point of hating myself for picking up the book. But what choice did I have anyways? It was the only book in this house I could find, and I was on the verge of insanity myself if I didn't read.

This is the very first story from Alex Cross's series. It's about kidnapping, brutal killings and some disturbed pasts. It was good. I was even intrigued at some points. But I would have to say nay for Patterson's writing style. I'm not sure bcoz I don't read classic thriller much or he just blew this one off. I found myself bored outta my mind more than I was willing to count.

Though I was surprised by the turnover, the book didn't quite meet my expectation. But I'd pick up the next book in the series, just to see if it gets any better.

P/S: I'm still reserving judgement for Gary Murphy/ Soneji. He fascinated me, still is actually. Maybe he'd make cameo appearances in other books?