Rosemary's Baby - Ira Levin

3.5 stars.

I picked this book up with half of an intention to read it. It was supposed to be a distraction while I decide what book to read next; I ended up reading this book cover to cover. Rosemary’s Baby is an unsettling story with a sinister plot and even more sinister characters. In short, it’s about a married couple who recently moved into a new neighbourhood which is supposed to signify the beginning of Their New Lives with job opportunities and babies coming along (or they plan to), only that it takes a spine-chilling detour unbeknownst to them.

Overall, Rosemary's Baby made a decent read of its genre. It was suspenseful enough to fuel my curiosity. The book also had it drive-to-the-edge-of-your-seat moments. Levin's storytelling in Rosemary's Baby is more enthralling than The Stepford Wives, which I think was quite a bore. Levin made me impatient to know what’s really going to happen to Rosemary and her baby. By the end of Part 3, I was sweating profusely.

And I just found out that there's a sequel to this, Son of Rosemary. The reviews are not looking good, but I think I'm going to give it a try to see if it's going to agree with me or not.

I also just found out there's a movie adaptation to this book. Will I be brave enough to watch it? We'll see.